I learn my lesson with these 10 beauty mistakes. I started getting interested in makeup when I was 15 years old but my mom wasn’t into makeup so I had very limited makeup products to play with. I still had fun though!
I still remember my first makeup product: an eyebrow pencil. There were definitely some unflattering pictures out there. But that’s what makes looking back at pictures more fun right?
Here are my 10 mistakes:
- Wear sunscreen daily
- Protecting your skin against the harmful UV rays is soooooo important. Don’t let laziness be in the way of you having a flawless skin.
- Don’t sleep with makeup on
- It’s a bad habit we are all guilty of on super rough days which is why I have makeup wipes just in case.
- Cleanse your face everyday
- I started developing a habit to double cleanse even when I are just wearing sunblock.
- Sometimes, more is more
- On days that you don’t feel confident, pile on that makeup & make a new mask for yourself. Fake it till you make it. 😉
- But, less can be more
- The secret to concealing texturized skin is not more foundation. In this very special case, less is definitely more. This actually gives your skin a chance to breathe.
- Your neck is important too
- Don’t neglect your neck! I like to apply leftover essence from my face mask onto my neck.
- Red lipstick is the cure to everything
- On days that you don’t feel like yourself, on days that you don’t want to go to work. Red lipstick will fix it all for you.
- Wash your brushes
- I can’t emphasise this enough. If you are waiting for a sign, this is it! Invest in one now, your skin will thank you.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
- I can’t say enough about moisturising. If you are just getting into skincare, it’s is definitely one of the products you should look into first. A mositurise skin makes all the difference!
- Good lighting is always key
- Doing your makeup when there is direct, good lighting is always good. It helps you to see if you didn’t
That’s it! The 10 beauty mistakes I learn by 21. I’m definitely still learning. What are some of the beauty mistakes that you made?
Till next time,